Surrogacy has been fully embraced by many people today. This is mainly due to the development of advanced assisted reproduction technologies that are very effective and safe. As such, many couples, especially the infertile and the gay are now able to have children of their own.
Surrogacy can be divided into two major classes, the donor surrogacy, and the gestational surrogacy. In simple terms, the donor surrogacy is where a woman donates her egg but does not carry the pregnancy. On the other hand, the gestational surrogacy is where the woman may or may not donate her egg, but she carries the pregnancy.
Applying for Egg Donation in the US
In most cases, the eggs of the mother-to-be are not viable and this is the reason the couple looks for an egg donor. In such a case, the donor will give her egg to the couple and the contract is over. There are many egg donors today because it is generally easier and takes a shorter time compared to the gestational surrogacy.
There are many egg donation companies that could help out the intended parents and the egg donors too. One of those egg donation companies is Egg Donor and Surrogacy ( eggdonorandsurrogacy.com ) where you can put your trust in regards with surrogacy services. Continue reading to better know and understand the steps to follow when applying for egg donation in the US:
- You need to fill an egg donor application form. This is where you are required to give a health history of yourself and that of your family, your physical characteristics and even hobbies and education level. This is very important because most parents-to-e tend to prefer the donors with whom they have more similarities.
- Once you are taken in by the agency, you will have to attend orientation meetings. This is an important stage because you will learn all that is involved in egg donation. You will also have all your questions answered so that you decide if it is still something you are interested in.
- After the orientation, you will be required to visit the specified doctor for further tests to ensure that you are in the right condition to be an egg donor. All this is free and you do not need to have an insurance cover, it is taken care of by the agency.
- You will then need to be counseled. This is an important step and the counselor will guide you to understand what it means for you to be a donor. The counselor also examines you for any signs of infertility from your background and even medical records.
- The next step is the matchmaking. This is where the patients looking for egg donors are given your profile, but the name is kept confidential and you are also given their profiles. When you each make a decision, the process of egg donation can now begin.
Egg donation not only helps you fulfill the dreams of infertile couples, it also helps you to earn some money on the side. Most of the countries do not have laws that restrain people from donating eggs. The US, in particular, does not have any laws against egg donation. The process of applying for egg donation in the US is quite easy and does not require a lot of documents. The steps of applying for egg donation in the US are listed above to help you know what to expect when you apply.